PRIVACY NOTICE /DATA PROTECTION
This policy covers the treatment of personally identifiable information that the Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society collects when you are using The Roscommon Show website, when you email us, or when you complete and submit an online form via our website.
The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society holds and processes personal data in accordance with all current legislation relating to data protection and complies with the Data Protection Acts 1998 and 2003.
The society also automatically receives and records information on server logs from your browser including your IP address and the page you requested. This is a standard website function.
The society uses the information for:
- Fulfilling your request to enter competitive classes at The Roscommon Show
- Fulfilling your request to purchase online tickets
- As input to improving our site
- To inform you about The Roscommon Show.
Information collection and use
You can visit our site and use the information provided without telling us who you are or giving us any personally identifiable information.
As a show society, The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society collects, holds and processes information, including personal information about Participants to the Society and Show, including; Visitors, Exhibitors, Competitors, Traders, Sponsors, Stewards, Judges and Members to allow it to hold The Roscommon Show and for participants to take part.
The society recognises that this information is important to the participants and that it is responsible to the participants for the information it holds about them. As such, it takes seriously its responsibilities to ensure that any personal information it collects and uses is done so securely.
Find out more information about what personal data is from the Data Protection Commissioner. Essentially it is information which relates to or can identify a living individual.
The society collects, holds and uses personal data to allow it to run the society and hold an annual agricultural Show, The Roscommon Show. This includes processing entries from competitors, selling tickets/badges to visitors and members, sourcing sponsors and judges and steward volunteers to assist at the Show.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society will continually review and update this privacy notice to reflect changes in our services and feedback from service users, as well as to comply with changes in the law. If there are substantial changes to this statement or in how The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society will use your personal information, we will advertise the updated notice both on our website and in the Show Office.
You have the right to request that The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society cease processing your personal data in relation to any process linked to the Society.
Where possible, The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society will seek to comply with your request; however, there may be some situations where it will not be able to do this, e.g. where The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society is required to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement or obligation.
You are also legally entitled to request access to any personal information held by The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society about yourself. You are entitled to apply for personal information recorded about you and/or your child by making a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act(s). Please note you can only obtain information which is about yourself (or your children if under the age of 16 when they may have capacity to apply in their own right). The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society will seek to comply with your request. For further information about either requesting access to your personal data or to cease processing personal data, please contact the Show Office.
While the Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society tries to ensure that any personal data it holds about you is correct, there may be situations where the information it holds is no longer accurate. If you find that this is the case, please contact the Show Office, so that any errors can be investigated and corrected, or your details updated.
The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society will not use your personal data for third party marketing purposes without your prior express consent.
The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society will not pass any personal data on to third parties, other than those who either process information on our behalf or because of a legal requirement, and it will only do so, where possible, after The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society has ensured that sufficient steps have been taken to protect the personal data by the recipient. Exhibitor/Competitor results information may be published (in printed form and online) and provided to the Press and Breed Societies for publication. Information relating to exhibitors and their animals may be provided to Government Agencies (e.g. Department of Agriculture), Breed Societies, County Councils, Veterinary Advisors and others who have regulatory access.
The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone or use the data for any other purpose incompatible with the purpose for which it was originally collected. The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society will only send personally identifiable information about you to other companies when we have your consent or have a legal reason to do so. We may also use your information in response to court orders or other legal process. We will only hold your information for as long as necessary for these purposes.
The society is committed to ensuring that it will:
- Recognise that any personal data handled by The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society is held on behalf of that person and that we ensure we respect that responsibility
- Adopt and maintain high standards in respect of the handling and use of that personal data
- Only collect, hold and use personal data where it is necessary and proportionate to do so
- Securely delete any personal data when no longer needed
- Keep your personal data secure and safe
- Not unnecessarily and without good reason, infringe the privacy of individuals.
- Consider and address the privacy risks first when planning to use or hold personal information in new ways, such as when introducing new systems Be open with individuals about how we use their information and who we give it to
- Make it easy for individuals to access and correct their personal information
- Ensure that there is effective safeguards and systems in place to make sure personal information is kept securely and does not fall into the wrong hands
The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society may disclose personal data to third parties, but only where it is necessary, either to comply with a legal obligation, or where permitted under the Data Protection Act, e.g. where the disclosure is necessary for the purposes of the prevention and/or detection of crime, or where it is necessary to allow a third party working for or on behalf of The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society.
The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society will strive to ensure that any personal data in its care will be kept safe and that where your information is disclosed to a third party, The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society will seek to ensure that the third party has sufficient systems and procedures in place to prevent the loss of personal data.
How and why we collect and use your personal information
The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society is a data controller.
We will process personal data for the following purposes:
- For the purpose of which you provided the information e.g. to enter equine/livestock classes, to purchase advance tickets, to purchase Membership to the Society, to apply and purchase trade stand space, to confirm Sponsorship to the Show/Society, to apply as a Steward or Judge for the Society.
- To communicate with Contractors and Show Officials with regards to their roles and responsibilities at the show and within the Society.
- To allow the society to be able to communicate regarding services appropriate to your needs e.g. to inform participants about the society and show.
- To ensure that the society meets its legal requirements.
- Where necessary to protect individuals from harm or injury or
- Where otherwise permitted under the Data Protection Acts, e.g. disclosure to comply with legal obligations.
Trade Exhibitors’ details are included in our Show Guide, for sale on Show day. It is included in our Exhibitor Terms & Conditions that it is a term of entry to allow the Society to publish these details in the Show Guide. Applicants sign to confirm they agree with the Exhibitor Terms & Conditions.
Livestock/Equine entries are processed via our website and payments processed via PayPal. Advance e-tickets are sold on our website via TICKETsrv, with payments processed via Sage Pay (Sage UK Limited). Details of entries will be published in the catalogue to include name of owner/rider and name of exhibit only.
The Roscommon Agricultural & Horse Show Society may also use your personal data, after it has been anonymised, to allow the statistical analysis of data to allow the society to effective target and plan provisions for the society and future shows.