All sheep must be identified individually with appropriate ear tags issued in accordance with the requirements of the National Sheep Identification System (NSIS).
All consignments of sheep being moved must be accompanied by a completed dispatch document. Individual details of each sheep in the consignment must be re- corded on the document. Sheep from non-restricted flocks only can be moved to shows. In the case of flocks restricted following diagnosis of scrapie, sheep possessing the ARR/ARR genotype only may be exhibited. The movement of these ARR/ ARR genotype sheep must be accompanied by the relevant movement permit (SCR/10), which can be obtained from the local
District Veterinary Office in the county where the flock is located.
The movement of sheep to and from an Agricultural Show within the State must be recorded on AIM. This is done using a copy of the owners sheep dispatch document as follows:
1. The owner/keeper presents the signed and completed dispatch document to the show secretary who checks it to ensure that it is completed in full.
2. The show secretary fills in the MART section of the dispatch document with (i) the show number, (ii) the date of the move back to the source holding (iii) stamps it with the show stamp and (iv) signs the dispatch document.
3. The show secretary then forwards the completed pink section of the dispatch document to the local DVO within 7 days of the show movement.
4. The show secretary keeps white copy for his/her records.
5. The source/destination keeper keeps the bottom yellow copy to enter it into their flock register.
All movements of sheep to and from shows must be recorded in the keeper’s flock register.
Exports to Northern Ireland:
1. All sheep must be accompanied by a TRACES intra-community trade certificate for ovine animals. A TRACES message, corresponding with the TRACES certificate, will be sent for each animal or consignment being dispatched to the show (this will be performed by Department officials of the DVO).
2. Exhibitors are advised to contact the show society in Northern Ireland well in advance of any show to determine the suitability of the show for return of animals (e.g. premises and sheep status), and whether the authorities will have officials and veterinary staff present to supervise and process documentation for animals returning to origin.
Attendance of sheep from scrapie monitored flocks at shows and sales in 2013
Shows between 1st May and 31st October:
1. Sheep from Scrapie Monitored Flocks2 will be permitted to attend Agricultural Shows taking place between 1st May and 31st October, without restriction or separation from other categories of sheep. These flocks are flocks either accredited (full member) or in the process of accreditation (probationary member) for exporting sheep (that might not possess ARR/ARR genotypes).
2. Please note that there are additional rules in relation to shows taking place outside of this period above.
Contact: Pat Naughton 086 320 3292
Entry Fee: €5.00. Prizes 1st – €35. 2nd – €25. 3rd – €15. (unless otherwise stated)
Main Sponsors: Kepak, Athleague
- Class 100: Best Galway/ Roscommon Ram, 1yr or older
- Class 101: Best Pen of 2 Galway/Roscommon Ewes, 2 Yrs or older
- Class 102. Best Pen of 2 Galway/Roscommon Hogget Ewes
- Class 103. Best Pen of2 Galway/Roscommon Ewe Lambs Class 104. Best Pen of 2 Cross Bred Butchers Lambs Generously sponsored by Madden Meats, Main St, Roscommon.
- Class 105. Best Pen of 2 Cross Bred French Market Lambs (44kg)
- The KEPAK Perpetual Cup will be awarded to the winner.
- Class 106. Best Pedigree Suffolk Ram, 1Yr or older.
- Class 107. Best Pedigree Suffolk Ram Lamb
- Class 108 Best Pedigree Suffolk Hogget or aged ewe
- Class 109. Best Pedigree Suffolk Ewe Lamb
- Class 110. Best Wooled Sheep of the Show
- Class 111. Best Pair of Cross Bred Ewe Hoggets for Breeding
- Class 112. Best Pair of Cross Bred Ewes for Breeding, 2Yrs or older.
- Class 113. Best Pair of Cross Bred Ewe Lambs for breeding
- Class 114. Best Pedigree Texel Hogget or Aged Ram
- Class 115. Best Pedigree Texel Hogget or Aged Ewe
- Class 116. Best Pedigree Texel Ram Lamb
- Class 117. Best Pedigree Texel Ewe Lamb
- Class 118. Best Pedigree Charolais Ram, Hogget or Aged Ram
- Class 119. Best Pedigree Charolais Ram Lamb
- Class 120. Best Pedigree Charolais Ewe Lamb
- Class 121. Best Pedigree Charolais Ewe, Hogget or Aged Ewe
- Class 122. Best Pedigree Vendeen Hogget or aged Ram
- Class 123. Best Pedigree Vendeen Hogget or aged Ewe
- Class 124. Best Pedigree Vendeen Ram Lamb
- Class 125. Best Pedigree Vendeen Ewe Lamb
- Class 126 FREE CLASS Best Non-Pedigree Ewe Lamb shown by a child under 14 years old Trophy for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prize-winners (age condition strictly enforced)Generously Sponsored by Andy Hanly
- Class 127 Best TEXEL Sheep of the Show. Roscommon Credit Union perpetual Cup awarded to winner
- Class 128 Best CHAROLAIS Sheep of the ShowThe Timothy Morris Memorial perpetual Trophy awarded to winner
- Class 129 Best SUFFOLK Sheep of the Show. The Patrick Gordon Perpetual cup awarded to winner
- Class 130 Best GALWAY/ROSCOMMON Sheep of the Show. The William Tully Memorial Cup awarded to winner
- Class 131 Best VENDEEN Sheep of the Show. Macra na Feirme Perpetual Cup will be awarded to the winner
CHAMPION SHEEP OF THE SHOW. The John Kenny Perpetual Trophy will be awarded to the winner. 1 Ltr Liquid Thrive Sheep Sponsored by Anthony Moran , Agri Lloyd.
Goats presenting without plastic ear tags will not be admitted to the Show in accordance with the requirements of the National Sheep Identification System (NSIS) and National Goat Identification System (NGIS)
All consignments of sheep and goats being moved must be accompanied by a completed dispatch document. Individual details of each animal in the consignment must be recorded.
All movement of animals to and from shows must be recorded in your flock register.
Contact Pat Naughton: 086 320 3292
All prizes in Goat Section: 1st – €15. 2nd – €10. 3rd – €5—Entry Fee €5.00
- Class 132 Best Registered /Unregistered Milking Goat
- Class 133a Best Kid
- Class 134 Best Goatling
- Special Class: Best Pygmy Goat
Champion Goat of the Show & Runner Up. Open to 1st prizewinner, all classes. Prize: Connaught Gold Bag of feed