Contact: James Gleeson—087 250 0103
If there are insufficient entries classes may not take place.
Closing Date for Entries August 16th 2023.
No Late Entries on the Day.
Please check your public liability insurance if exhibiting animals
IMPORTANT DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE UPDATE FOR EXHIBITORS OF CATTLE
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS – CATTLE
The following changes are being introduced for keepers of bovine animals who wish to show cattle – these changes apply from the 2013 Show season.
Keepers of cattle are now required to obtain a Certificate of Compliance prior to the movement of an animal to a show. Certs of compliance can be obtained online from Animal Identification and Movement (AIM) system through www.agfood.ie facility or from the Cattle Movement Notification Agency. When applying for a Cert of Compliance, Keepers should not specify a destination herd. On the day of the Show, the Certificate of Compliance should be presented to the Show Secretary along with bovine passport for the animal.
The keeper and the Show Secretary will then sign the Movement Notification section Certificate which will then be sent to the local DVO for recording into the AIM system.
Please not that only cattle for which a valid Certificate of Compliance is provided to the Show Secretary will be allowed to the shown on the day of the show.
These Certificates will replace the previously used CMMS 4 forms.
Safety Regulations on Show Day
- Please do not exhibit animals that are out of control or hard to Handle.
- Animals should not be left unattended, tied to horse boxes or trailers.
- All animals must be led by a competent handler.
- Animals must be under the strict control of the handler at all times.
Prizes: 1st – €80. 2nd – €50. 3rd – €30. (Unless otherwise stated).
Entry Fee €10.00
All details on the entry form to be completed.
PEDIGREE LIMOUSIN CLASSES— SPONSORED BY IRISH LIMOUSIN SOCIETY
- Class 32: Best Pedigree Male Calf born on or after 1 January 2023
- Class 33: Best Pedigree Female Calf born on or after 1 January 2023
- Class 34: Best Male Calf born between 1 September & 31 December 2022
- Class 35: Best Female Calf born between 1 September & 31 December 2022
- Class 36: Best Female born between 1 January & 31 August 2022
PEDIGREE SHORTHORN CLASSES
- Class 37: Best Shorthorn Heifer, Born in 2021
- Class 38: Best Shorthorn Heifer born in 2022
- Class 39: Best Shorthorn Heifer Calf born in 2023 Overall, Champion Shorthorn.
PEDIGREE HEREFORD CLASSES
- Class 40: Best Pedigree Hereford Bull or Heifer Calf born on or after 1st September 2022.
PEDIGREE ANGUS CLASSES
ENTRY FEE: €10 PRIZEMONEY: 1st: €80 2nd: €50 3rd: €30
- Class 41: Best Pedigree Angus Cow, Sponsored by the Irish Angus Cattle Society
- Class 42: Best Pedigree Angus Heifer born prior to 1st August 2022
- Class 43: Best Pedigree Angus Heifer born between 1 August & 30th November 2022
- Class 44: Best Pedigree Angus Heifer born on/after 1 December 2022
- Class 45: Best Pedigree Angus Bull Calf born on or after 1st Sept. 2022
Overall Champion (& Reserve Champion) Angus – All First Prize winners from Classes 43 to 45 eligible.
Sponsored by Noel Carr & Co, Chartered Accountants
Champion & Reserve Champion will also receive: The Willie Stroker Perpetual Trophy
Irish Angus Champion: €50 & Sash
Reserve Champion: €20 & Special Rosette
(Prize money will be paid direct from the Irish Angus Office upon receipt of result sheet)
Owner of each animal exhibited must be a member of the Irish Angus Cattle Society and each animal entered must also have been registered in the owner’s name in the herd book of the Irish Angus Cattle Society.
All Creatures Veterinary, Kepak, Noel Carr & Co, Glesson’s Townhouse, Aurivo, FBD Insurance, Irish Angus Society, Walshe’s Filling Station, Macra na Feirme.
Aldi Irish Angus All Ireland Bull Calf Championships 2023 in association with ABP & Irish Angus Cattle Society
Prizefund for final at Iverk Show:
- Class A: 1st €2000, 2nd €750, 3rd €400, 4th €200, 5th €150
- Class B: 1st €2000, 2nd €750, 3rd €400, 4th €200, 5th €150
- Class C: 1st €2000, 2nd €750, 3rd €400, 4th €200, 5th €150
Qualifiers Prizefund: €250 for each qualified animal exhibited in finals at Iverk Show
Rules & Conditions: (To be published in all show schedules)
- Breeder/Exhibitor must be a member of the Irish Angus Cattle Society.
- Animal must be registered in the herd book of the Irish Angus Cattle Society from birth Transferred animals are not eligible for entry.
- Competition confined to exhibitor bred bulls only Myostatin: All animals must be tested, double carriers not eligible to show in Iverk.
- Two bulls from each section may qualify at one of the designated qualifying shows, if in the judge’s opinion they are of the required standard.
- Breeder may only qualify two animals from each section for the final.
- All bulls will be weighed by an ICBF Inspector at qualifying shows & final.
Birth Weight 45kgs + 1.6kg per day. (A calf will only be weighed once and if found to be over the specified weight, it will be debarred from the competition).
- Prizemoney for qualified animals will be paid on presentation in the ring at final in Iverk
- Judges decision at Regional Qualifiers and Finals at Iverk Show will be final.
- Entry fee for qualifying shows is €20 payable to the relevant Show Society.
- Entry fee for final is €15 payable to Iverk Show Society.
Classes A, B, C
A: Irish Angus Bull Calf born from Feb.1st 2023 to April 30th 2023
B: Irish Angus Bull Calf born from November 1st 2022 to January 31st 2023
C: Irish Angus Bull Calf born from August 1st 2022 to October 31st 2022
Proposed list of qualifying shows: Bandon, Clonakilty, Charleville, Longford, Barryroe, Mullingar, Carberry, Arva, Bonniconlon, Ossory, Ballinamore, Cappamore, Roscommon, Mohill.
All enquiries to Irish Angus Office 071 9620253 or
Co-ordinator: Michael Flanagan 086 2540473
Tread Na hEireann
Prize Money: Each herd appearing in the final will receive €250.00 appearance.
• Winner €1,000.00
• Runner-up €300.00
Rules & Regulations:
Open to herds registered with the Irish Angus Cattle Society and each animal has to be registered in the IACS Herd Book. An entry MUST consist of 3 animals and has to include:
A) A Cow with or without calf.
B) A Heifer (in calf or not) born before 01/08/22.
C) A Calf (Male or Female) born after 01/08/22:
- The calf doesn’t have to be the progeny of the cow, but can be.
- The calf must have to be born into the herd on or after 01/08/22.
- The intermediate heifer doesn’t have to be born into the herd but must have been registered as part of the herd before 01/01/23.
- The cow doesn’t have had to be born into the herd but must have been registered as part of the herd before 01/01/23
- Animals exhibited in this class are also eligible to enter other suitable classes on the day.
- Please note that there is over €40,000.00 on offer for Irish Angus Cattle at Iverk Show on Saturday August 26th
Enquiries to Irish Angus Office (071 9650729) or
Coordinator Michael Flanagan (086 2540473)
Classes in Ring 2
Prizes: 1st €80.00, 2nd €50.00, 3rd €30.00 Entry Fee: €10 (Classes 49 – 55)
- Class 46: Best Non-Pedigree Charolais Bull Calf born in 2023 Sponsored by Roscommon Livestock Mart
- Class 47: Best Non-Pedigree Charolais Heifer Calf born in 2023. Sponsored by Roscommon Livestock Mart
- Class 48: Best Non-Pedigree Belgian Blue Bull Calf born in 2023
- Class 49: Best Non-Pedigree Belgian Blue Heifer born in 2023
- Class 50: Best Non-Pedigree Limousin Bull born in 2023
- Class 51: Best Non-Pedigree Limousin Heifer born in 2023
- Class 52: Best Non-Pedigree Heifer or bullock of any breed/any age. Sponsored by AIB.
The All-Creatures Veterinary Clinic, Roscommon Sponsored Classes 56 and 57: Prize Fund €1,000
- Owners of all animals must be resident in Co. Roscommon & surrounding counties.
- All animals must be from & reared in counties (Leitrim, Galway, Sligo, Mayo, Longford, Westmeath & Offaly)
- All cattle being entered must be registered in the herd book of the owner and must be available for inspection on the day.
- Date of birth & Tag Number must be clearly shown on each entry.
- Class 53: Best Weanling Male Calf (non-pedigree) born in 2023 (to be led). Prizes: 1st €300. 2nd – €150. 3rd – €50.
- Class 54: Best Weanling Female Calf (non-pedigree) born in 2023 (to be led) Prizes: 1st €300. 2nd – €150. 3rd – €50.
- Class 55: Best Butchers Heifer – Maximum Weight 500kg. Sponsored by John Harte Butchers, Roscommon (in case of dispute animals will be weighed on the day)
- Class 56: Roscommon Show Champion Breeding Heifer.
Generously sponsored by Gleeson’s Townhouse & Restaurant: 1st 200; 2nd €100; 3rd €50:
Open to all breeds of non-pedigree heifers suitable to produce and rear a calf with potential for current beef/export market. (maiden/in calf). confined to Counties Roscommon, Sligo, Mayo, Leitrim, Galway, Offaly, Westmeath, and Longford.
Winner will receive the John O’Beirne Perpetual Cup.
- Class 57: The Breeder’s choice Continental 4* or 5* Breeding Heifer
- Class 58: Best Roscommon Male/Female Weanling calf – born in 2023. Confined to residents of Co. Roscommon. Sponsored by: Walshe’s Supermarket & Filing Station
- Class 59: Best Stockperson under 16 years of age – Proof of age required— All entrants will receive a prize.
- Class 60: Best Handler with Animal of Any Age or Any Breed sponsored by RBK, Roscommon.
Overall Champion: All 1st Prize winners eligible. Winner will receive the Seamus Duignan Memorial Cup.
Champion of Roscommon Show sponsored by Kepak: €100.
Reserve Champion of Roscommon Show sponsored by Creva International: €50.